Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

NFL Picks Week 4: Super Teasing Your Way to the Bank

The Super Teaser Saturday Special

By: JK, TSZ Insider

Hello Spread Zone followers,

I've been a loyal follower of The Spread zone for two seasons now, and I have made a lot of money with the SZ team. The one catch, however, is that I play the SZ Team's picks on Teasers and Super Teasers, which I now call Pleasers and Super Pleasers. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, a teaser/pleaser is a type of bet which allows you to adjust the lines on three or more games in exchange for a reduced payout. As a business man for over 22 years, I've learned that taking risk is a part of everyday success or failure and the same goes for sports betting. What you have to figure out to stay on top in both of these worlds, is the difference between acceptable and unacceptable risk.



For example, last week the Vikings were giving up 5 1/2 points on the parlay (too risky), but on the on the Super Pleaser they were getting 4 1/2 points (acceptable risk). See I don't look at this as gambling, I look at it as investing and just like in the stock market you have low risk, medium risk, and high risk each bearing a different returns. Similarly in sports betting you have different returns on your investment depending on which risk you're willing to take or which risk is acceptable to you. 

I will give you another example from Week 2: I took the SZ Teams picks against the spread and I played them on Teasers (Pleaser) and Super Teasers (Pleaser) I played a 10 team teaser paying 30-1 and 11 team Super paying 11-1. Now those same teams played on a parlay payed 800-1 and 1400-1 respectively, but remember I said acceptable risk - and to me the parlay risk is not one I am willing to accept. Instead, I played The SZ picks changing none and eliminating the ones I wasn't comfortable with and both tickets hit.

 
Last week I played a 9 team Super and a 6 Teaser, also both hitting. So remember don't think of the teaser as a sissy or a sucker bet as some call it in Vegas, call it an acceptable risk that your willing to take every Sunday. One of my employees who pokes fun at me for laying $50 on 11 team teaser 45-1 and $100 on 11 team super paying 11-1, which -  with the help of The Spread Zone - hit 4 weeks in a row. He said "ain't no money in them teasers" I said "would you rather try to get $8000 once or $1100 a week for 17 weeks" everybody said "$1100 a week," to which I said, "Now is that a teaser or a pleaser?" They all said a pleaser....... Happy Pleasing my friends Happy Pleasing.



Here are my recommended Teaser and Super Teaser Cards for this week:

Teasers

Ravens +2 1/2
Bengals +1/2
Colts -3 1/2
Texans +8 1/2
Cardinals +8 1/2
Bears +8 1/2
Giants +9 1/2
Titans +2 1/2
Cowboys+5 1/2
Raiders +9 1/2
Eagles +18 1/2 

Super Teaser

Ravens +6 1/2
Bengals +5 1/2
Colts +1/2
Texans +13 1/2
Cardinals +13 1/2
Bears +13 1/2
Giants +13 1/2
Titans +6 1/2
Cowboys +9 1/2
Raiders +13 1/2
Eagles +21 1/2

Bounce Games: This week I will be playing an additional Teaser and Super Teaser card in which I will be bouncing (switching teams) in these four games.

Seahawks +2 1/2 and +6 1/2
Chiefs +2 1/2 and +6 1/2
Redskins +2 1/2 and +6 1/2 
Broncos -6 1/2 and -1 1/2

Feel free to comment if you have any questions,

JK, TSZ Insider

4 comments:

  1. Hey guys just wondering where is the parlay this week. best of luck this week guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fubsy9,

      How cool to hear from you again. You were one of the first seven followers if I recall correctly. Send us your e-mail address if you get a chance, unless you're already on our mailing list - that way you'll know when the parlays come out. Our address:

      vinnyandmarco@thespreadzone.com

      Great to hear from you. Good luck today.

      Vinny

      Delete
  2. Call me stupid but would you elucidate the so-called bounce games. I am a little confused as to how bouncing(switching) actually works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same question when the article was submitted to me for proofing and posting. Bouncing games just refers to the handful of games you have less confidence in, so you place two bets with those games switched. For example, if you had Philadelphia on one, you'd take the Broncos on the other.

    Thanks for commenting,

    Vinny

    ReplyDelete