Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

NFL Picks Week 10: Dolpins vs Bucs Monday Night Football

Monday Morning Quarterback: The Sweet Taste of Winning

I've now started this paragraph six different ways, trying to remember how to write about winning. First I went retro pop culture, made like the artist formerly known as Prince and partied like it was 2012. Next I waxing poetic, reflecting upon a season in which our recent slump made mediocrity look like an oasis in an unfathomably expansive desert. And most recently I was just making shit up, telling you about all the countless self-help books I've managed to write since September including the New York Times best sellers "A Thousand Metaphors for Sucking," "The Four Agreements to Losing," and "Low-carb Gambling: When You Can't Even Afford Mac 'N Cheese." 



Obviously, I'm just plain rusty when it comes to writing about winning. I'll let the numbers speak for me.

Week 10 Results: 11-1-1 ATS

Week 10 O/U: 9-4

Friday Five Confidence Picks: 2-1-1

Now don't get too excited - the overall numbers are still pretty bleak, but it's amazing what a little confidence can do for a gambler. Plus, if we had gone with the lines that were out Sunday morning with the news of Cutler's return and heavy action on the Arizona Cardinals, we would have achieved the Holy Grail of NFL capping at a perfect 13-0 ATS and 4-0 ATS in our Friday Five. The Over/Unders, however, would not have changed. 


Ironically, although our record heading into the afternoon games was a near-perfect 8-1 ATS, the one loss was our Friday Five Insider Contest #1 overall pick. Isn't that just they way life is? Makes me a little nervous about backing the Bucs tonight, but I still believe they not only cover but win their first game of the year and continue their race to three victories with Jacksonville and Minnesota. 

Although this week's results may not be indicative of anything except an inevitable dip on the roller coaster ride of sports gambling next week, the confidence I had after the morning games helped me to not only throw teasers by the wayside and place straight up bets on the Panthers, the Broncos, and the Saints, but also help my buddy Joe win his Proline prop bets in the Cardinals/Texans game. It was  great Sunday all-around.

Monday Night Football Pick

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (+1.5) over Miami Dolphins: The line on this game has moved, and although I still have confidence that the Bucs not only cover this game but win it outright, losing the field goal plus makes me inclined to go with a teaser on the line and the total, bringing the Bucs up to 7.5 and going UNDER the total of 47. 


Catch you later,

Vinny and Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment