Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Night Football: Seahawks Rams ATS Pick, Predictions

Monday Night Football: Seahawks Rams ATS Pick, Predictions

Let me be the first to say, in the words of the immortal Shakespeare, "Fucketh Yeah!" It's about time I was able to just go to sleep on Sunday rather than searching the darkest recesses of my mind for another way to say, "Sorry," or "Hope's right around the corner," or "We'll get 'em next week," or "Isn't gambling the stupidest thing in the world?" It's nice to just be able to come back here and say, "Ahh, that was fun."



Even our losses felt like the right choices.

1. Miami over New England: totally the right choice until that bogus "you're not allowed to poke the ball away rule." Isn't that what makes fumbles so much fun? Why else would they shape the football that way? Grip? Aerodynamics? I don't think so. Somebody with a little more enthusiasm for the ridiculous needs to re-write the NFL constitution. And while they're at - how about some rodeo clowns to break up the scuffles between plays.



2. Atlanta over Arizona: I'm not saying Arizona isn't a good team...at home...against terrible defenses. I'm just saying that this game was a toss up, so I don't feel too bad about losing it - except for the fact that I missed out on $200 in an 11 team teaser because they couldn't cut the lead to 13. From now on we're Fading the Falcons. Not just because it sounds like a cool new wave '80's band, but because they kind of suck. And by kind of, I mean really, really.

3. Minnesota over Green Bay: Okay, this was terrible. This was Marco and I saying, "Let's roll the dice on this one." I doubt very much anyone listened to us, but I don't doubt that they doubted their resistance with a couple of minutes left in the first half before that pick six changed the whole game.



4. I can't even remember the fourth loss because there was so much winning. Actually, I it was the most memorable game of all as Calvin Johnson caught a zillion passes for two zillion yards on both the fantasy Raven's Hollow Pirates and the reality Detroit Lions. I'm sure true Detroit fans/gamblers will have an easier time swallowing that ATS loss than they would have with a minute and three seconds left in the game. Well played, Detroit. Well played.

So, for the first time all season our entire Expert Team has locked up a positive week with Laura and Kyle going 7-5 ATS and Nick, Todd, Marco and I carrying an 8-4 ATS record heading into tonight's NFC West showdown between the Seattle Seahawks and the St. Louis Rams. Psychic Granny C, however, has come down to earth a bit with a 5-7 ATS week. For the first time all season, after weeks of saying, "Vinny - it's just a game. Why do you get so worked up?" she finally understands my pain. I tried not to rub it in.

Monday Night Football

Tonight's match-up features the ATS Money Making Seattle Seahawks (5-2 ATS) against the Inversely Proportional St. Louis Rams (2-5 ATS). A week ago, with Sam Bradford not out for the season, I might have recommended taking a double digit home dog. With Bradford out, however, and the Rams offense already struggling to score points, I can't see this game being anything but a blowout. Seattle is the most complete team in the NFL and now they're getting their number one wide receiver back in Percy Harvin. The Rams were rumored to have contacted Brett Favre about a comeback, but he was very honest in saying,


"Against Seattle? Are you f--king kidding?"

The Rams have gone over the total in six of their seven games, including all three at home, but I'm not sure I trust that statistic against an incredible Seattle defense. The Seahawks might put up 30, but I'm not sure the Rams are going to get into the end zone. Sorry St. Louis fans, better luck next week in Tennessee.

Give up the two touchdowns and roll with Seattle.

Good luck and happy betting,

Vinny and Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment