Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

A Shout Out to Curtis

                            

The other day I was listening to Mad Dog Sports on Sirius Radio, getting my weekly dose of important NFL knowledge, when all of sudden my wife turned the dial to NPR. In a matter of seconds, I was shifted abruptly from feeling enlightened by a fantasy football guru to feeling completely bored by an autobiographical author discussing his profound disappointment with Americans' use of the English language.

Get this - the guy hates the word awesome. He said, "With the plethora of confabulations available to rhetoricians in contemporary society, it fills him with a abstruse sadness for humanity that we resort to such pedestrian verbage." I say that dude's vocabulary is awesome.

Awesomely annoying.

I'm guessing he has even fewer followers than we do, which brings me to the important reason I am writing today.

This is a shout out to The Spread Zone's first official follower.

Curtis, you my friend are awesome. And even awesomer (screw you Wordy Author Guy), as any fan of gambling would agree, is the fact that you have an awesome mustache. Honestly, Curtis, we couldn't have asked for more. In fact, if anyone else is considering becoming a follower, which we highly recommend and encourage, we are considering mustaches as mandatory profile picture attire.

I know we joke around a lot here at The Spread Zone, but it is with the deepest sincerity that we thank Curtis for giving our site some credibility. Here's hoping there are hundreds of thousands of gamblers as brilliant as he is.

Awesomely Yours,
Vinny and Marco

PS After an average 8-7 ATS showing last week, our totals 33-30 ATS on the season. In the spirit of addiction and compulsion, we fully intend to get our Week 5 Picks ATS out tomorrow.

Stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment