Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

NFC North Final Standings

Disclosure: I spent seven years living a mile and a half from Lambeau Field and ten total in Wisconsin.  The Packers are my one true love and there's a part of me that thinks they will go 19-0 every year. Fortunately they have Aaron Rodgers so that belief isn't the craziest thing in the world.  I'll admit that being objective for this article wasn't the easiest, but I think I was able to do a decent job and my write-up on the Bears should be proof of that. -MaChez, TSZ Expert

NFC North Wrap-Up

Although much of the hype this year is surrounding the NFC West, an argument could be made that the NFC North is actually the strongest division in the league. Along with having two playoff teams last year, they had 35 regular season wins compared with the West's 34 (take in to account the Fail Mary in Seattle and it becomes 36-33).  This year off-season, roster and coaching moves in Chicago and Detroit have transformed the Bears and Lions into complete teams, and you can now make the case that all four teams have playoff potential teams. No Oakland Raiders in this division.

If you’ve read all four scintillating summaries of the NFC North teams 2012 seasons, their off-season moves, and the Over/Under forecast for 2013, these final standings will come as no surprise.

Projected 2013 NFC North Final Standings

Team                     W        L
Green Bay             12       4         Over 10.5 wins
Chicago                 10       6         Over 8.5 wins
Detroit                     9        7         Over 7.5 wins
Minnesota               6        10        Under 7.5 wins

2 comments:

  1. MaChez,

    Well done....even though you are a cheesehead, you managed to be pretty nice to the rest of the division. Good information and well reasoned.
    To me, the Bears are the toss up....As a Bronco Fan, I have learned first hand that it matters not who the coach is when you have a stubborn headed gun slinger at QB. Sometimes he just makes you wonder...but maybe he has matured??? One thing is for sure, it sure appeared that way the other night--8 for 9 to eight different guys! That's not Cutler-like, so maybe you will be right.
    Enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point and you would know best with him out in Denver at first. It really is a tossup. I think he will turn it around for at least this year though because he knows its make or break. Chicago's a good organization with the talent to do big things. If they don't want him back at the end of the year, his mediocre stats are going to land him at a mediocre organization desperate for a franchise QB (Minnesota loves ex-NFC North guys) where he'll waste away the rest of his career.

    I actually considered making them 11-5 because how much I like them this year. But basically it was a safe pick - if I'm right I'm a genius, if I'm wrong, I've got stubborn headed Cutler to blame :)

    Thanks for the comment. I enjoyed your article as well and have to give you props on the Chiefs pick. I think the Broncos will win it easily so hadn't really looked in to other teams before you article. But you made a good argument for them and ever since I've heard more and more people jumping on that bandwagon. Way to be ahead of that curve.

    MaChez

    ReplyDelete