Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Kyle's Corner: UFC Picks For Wednesday August 28

Good morning all,

There's a small UFC event tonight - nothing special but there is some value here in a few plays. I'll be playing more on Saturday's big event and a few NFL games this week, but allow me to lay something out here for those who would like some mid-week action when sixteen Thursday night football games isn't enough. Once again, picks are ranked from most to least confidence. Here are my UFC stats to date.

Overall: 23-14

Top Three Confidence Picks: 12-3

#1 Confidence Pick: Undefeated 7-0

Keeping those numbers in mind, I'm giving you my Top Three for tonight's event:

1. Brad Tavares -450



 - It's a lot of juice on a favorite but I cap this fight -850 in favour of Tavares winning, so I would consider it value.

2. Brian Melancon +190 



 
  - Melancon, is an almost 2-1 underdog that I would cap at -130. His opponent Gastelum is being favored due to winning the ultimate fighter, and while I feel he will be a emerging force in years to come, Melancon is a better fighter currently.

3. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone -160 



 
  -  I think Cerrone takes this one over Dos Anjos. I feel in 3 years Dos Anjos will be better than Cerrone but not yet.

My bonus prediction for Fight of the Night is: Carlos Condit v Martin "Hitman" Kampman - two exciting fighters who always put it all on the line. Look for it to be a barn burner.

Best of luck!
-Kyle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment