Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jerry Jones Buys Bakery Chain...

so he'll have some place to sell all those turnovers.

     
"Ha ha. Good one, Vinny. You da man."

To be honest, we take no real pride in covering picks like that one, but as they say in the world of everything, "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good." Although it's still hard to get too fired up about the preseason, having the reputation of our new website on the line definitely had me checking scores a few times this evening. The Tennessee Titans and the St. Louis Rams disappointed us, but everyone else pulled through bring our current stats to a respectable:

Saturday: 4-2 ATS

Overall Preseason Record: 9-5 ATS

When I used to coach high school basketball, the kids who had just finished playing a season of soccer had a huge cardio advantage on the ones just rolling onto the hardwood from their lazy-assed lives. I guess the NBA Playoff Pick-a-thon kept Marco and I in better shape than we thought. It's early. Let's see how the rest of the week shakes out first.

                                

Before I get to Sunday's game, I'd like to announce that we have new writers and experts on our staff here at The Spread Zone. Whenever we receive e-mails from readers saying, "I love your blog. I wish I could do something like that," I say, "Why wish when you can write," and then I give them an assignment. Other times I had to bribe them with TSZ Insider Memberships. Little do they know they're just getting access to their own picks. Don't tell okay?

This week we'll begin posting our Division Previews which include off-season moves, Over/Under assessments, and final standings predictions for every team. Today we kick things off with the AFC West brought to you by the Bronco-loving Texas Todd. Check it out:

http://thespreadzone.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-west-will-be-won.html

Now onto the Game of the Day...

Indianapolis Colts (+2.5) over NEW YORK GIANTS: My first thought when I saw this game on the schedule: Sweet, preseason battle of the Mannings. I guess there are still some cobwebs up there. The only thing that makes this game even better than is the preview of Andrew Luck's sophomore year. Will he fall prey to the infamous slump? If he does will it mean he only throws for 4,100 yards and 20 touchdowns? What will inspire this team in absence of cancer? Can you think of a question to answer each of my questions with?

                           

The Colts are coming off of an embarrassing 44-20 loss to the Buffalo Bills last week, while the New York Giants beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 18-13 in a game both teams appeared to want to lose. Although both teams will likely play their starters more in this game, the Giants passing attack is set, so when they have the ball they'll focus more on their running game. The Colts, on the other hand, have a defense with something to prove, and a quarterback who doesn't have a slow gear. Take the points and the Colts to win.




No comments:

Post a Comment