Friday Five Season to Date: 8-3 ATS
With records like that, guarantee almost means guarantee. By the way, does anyone else feel awesome about the first favorite of the season covering on a Thursday night? If you're like us, you carry that feeling around until Sunday morning when the anxiety sets in and dilutes everything that's important in your life - friends, family, children - for the following 12 to 36 hours depending on your bets. Nonetheless, from Friday morning to kickoff on Sunday, our friends and families get nothing but love, adoration, and the optimistic hope of deluded gamblers.
Onward and upward. Let's talk Week 9 NFL locks, which are now unofficially sponsored by OldNavy.com and Amazon.com since we're trying out a new revenue source for our blog. Please click freely and shop to your hearts content. But remember, always leave money for gambling.
If you want more information on why we like these picks, read our Week 9 Picks ATS article. Without further adieu, in descending order from least to most confident, here are The Spread Zone's Week 9 Friday Five Picks ATS.
5. HOUSTON TEXANS (-10.5) over Buffalo Bills: Big defense and big offense will cover this big line.
4. Denver Broncos (-3.5) over CINCINNATI BENGALS: Peyton looks like Peyton again, and as long as the Broncos don't spot teams big leads, they should win and cover when they're favored.
3. Baltimore Ravens (-3.5) over CLEVELAND BROWNS: I know the Ravens used to be the Browns, emotional game, blah, blah, blah. No way the Ravens win by less than 17.
2. Chicago Bears (-3.5) over TENNESSEE TITANS: We can't believe a single Bears fans hasn't come after us about all of our Jay Cutler comments. I guess they feel the same way - that their defense will win the Super Bowl.
1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+1.5) over OAKLAND RAIDERS: Oakland is not consistent enough to pick two weeks in a row, and Josh Freeman will throw 4 TD passes in a rematch of the Gruden Bowl.
That's right - four road teams and four favorites. We're nothing if not balanced. Good luck out there this weekend. Hope you took our advice on the Chargers and you're riding the temporary high every gambler seeks and deserves.
Vinny and Marco