FRIDAY FIVE LAST WEEK: 2-3 ATS (Boo!)
FRIDAY FIVE SEASON TO DATE: 15-6 ATS (Wow!)
Interesting side note: Of our 21 picks, 16 have been road teams. Doesn't that make our 15-6 ATS even more impressive?
COFFEE DRIVEN BONUS PICKS: 1-1 ATS (Stupid Falcons!)
Doesn't it feel like we just did this yesterday?
As it turns out, The Spread Zone's fan participation Thursday Three locks of the week are very aligned with Marco's and mine, which means two things must be true:
1. We've clearly attracted the most intelligent fans in the football betting community.
2. Marco and I have to come up with another Friday Five bonus pick for coffee donors.
Although our Friday Five last week was akin to Andrew Bynum's recent hairstyle - pretty bad - our 15-6 ATS mark on the month is nothing the sneeze at. Although our concerns that there would be some overlap between the Thursday Three and the Friday Five have been validated, we decided only good things arise from such consensus - increased confidence in winning and share accountability in losing. Those, my friends, are the secret ingredients to a business worth investing in.
The Spread Zone's Week 11 Friday Five
For those of you new to this segment, Marco and I rank 7 match-ups on the schedule, which we feel confident in winning and/or covering. Much like the Thursday Three, we combine our lists to create a power ranking of sorts from least to most confident. Here are the Week 11 Friday Five.
5. Baltimore Ravens (-3.5) over PITTSBURGH STEELERS: This game was ranked #1 on one of our lists because we were going with the +3.5 the game opened with. Big Ben out doesn't seem to scare analysts out there who believe the Steelers will get the emotional win at home. We're not analysts though - we're gamblers.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-1.5) over CAROLINA PANTHERS: Win or lose the Bucs haven't played a one point game. They lost to Washington earlier in the year by two, but every other game has been a touchdown or more. On their recent streak of winning 4 of 5, teams haven't come within 10 points. Sure their secondary is hole-ier than the Pope, but they'll score enough to handle Carolina easily.
3. Green Bay (-3.5) over DETROIT LIONS: Talk around the Interweb is how much Detroit needs this game to keep their playoff hopes alive, but Green Bay only has a 1 game lead on Minnesota and Seattle for a wild card spot. Green Bay is coming off the bye and hasn't won by less than 9 on their current 4 game winning streak.
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS (-2.5) over New York Jets: Finally - a home team. As one TSZ fan put it so eloquently, the Jets are a mess. The Rams, on the other hand, are 3-1 at home under new head coach Jeff Fisher, with their only loss coming to Green Bay a month ago.
1. New Orleans (-4.5) over OAKLAND RAIDERS: Yes, we're jumping on the New Orleans bandwagon. With Nick Foles starting in Philadelphia, Drew Brees is going to want to prove current West Lake High School students that he's the best alum playing this week. Plus, as one of our fans cited, "Um, the Raiders kind of suck."
Bonus Picks: We work for caffeine, so if you want the bonus picks please click the Donate Coffee for Vinny and Marco button up top, then shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you did. The tease - one of them is actually an underdog. Or, as always, you can check our full slate of picks for free and decide for yourselves.
Spread Zone Followers: Just shoot us an e-mail and we'll send you our thoughts. I'm pretty sure you've all bought us a cup of Joe by now, and more importantly we really appreciate all of your contributions to expanding this little idea of ours.
Happy betting everyone.
Vinny and Marco
Daily Reminders: This is a new section we will include at the end of every post. Our goal at The Spread Zone is to help you make money, and if we can scrape together a few pennies with Google Adsense and other Ad revenues, we're going to try to do that. But we need you're help.
#1. If you shop at Amazon.com, Oldnavy.com, ebay.com, please click on these links through our blogs because allegedly we might get a commission. So far, we haven't, but we don't know if anyone is clicking. Also, please tell us where you do shop, and we'll start an Shop Here List.
#2. Coffee Donations: Feel free to buy us a cup of coffee anytime - top right of the page. If you'd rather wait and see how you do with our picks, that's fine. If you appreciate what we're doing regardless of the outcome, you can donate anytime. Thanks again to everyone who has done so already. It has felt like a warm, delicious compliment.
#3. Now that we have the support and appreciation of fellow handicappers, we feel like The Spread Zone has as much potential as any free gambling website out there. We always appreciate feedback and suggestions. Like my favorite baseball team likes to say, "Together We're Giant."