Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

NIU Huskies Toledo Rockets Pick ATS Plus NBA and NHL picks, too

In what has become an historically bad NFL season for Marco and me, I've now found some reprieve in handicapping other sports for your and my gambling pleasure. A few days ago I picked an NBA and an NHL winner and last night I went 2-1 in the kind of sort of MACtion packed Tuesday night college football games. This brings my extra-curricular gambling stats to:

NBA: 1-0 ATS

NHL: 1-0

College Football: 2-1

I'm being selective to see what kind of record I could boast if I weren't forcing myself to pick every game on the schedule. If I end up around 50% after a few months, then I retire knowing there's no beating the house. If I can somehow stay above water, I continue gambling until they bury my ashes beneath the LVH Super Book because watching sports just isn't the same without a little side action.
Okay, here are my suggestions for tonight.

NBA

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (-4.5) over Memphis Grizzlies: The Grizzlies are playing better ball of late, winning three in a row including Monday night's 106-102 road win over the Clippers. The Warriors, however, have been playing good ball all season, are on a 4 game winning streak, are undefeated at home this year (5-0 SU, 2-2-1 ATS, but one loss was a huge line and the other a buzzer beating win over OKC). The difference between these Warriors and your dad's Warriors is they play defense - currently ranked 5th in points allowed. They're also 8th in points scored which is a spread covering recipe with a small line against a team that struggles on offense at times.



NHL

ANAHEIM DUCKS (-1.5/+185) over New Jersey Devils: It's easy to pick favorites in hockey, so I'm going a little bolder and giving up 1.5 goals to collect a bigger pay day. Anaheim is coming off a long road trip, and when they're home they're a goal scoring, defending machine - winning 5 of their 7 home games by 2+ goals. Gambling is always well...a gamble, and although the Devils rank seventh in goals allowed, I don't think they'll score enough to keep this close. Anaheim 4-1.

 
What's that? You want an underdog pick, too? Okay, you got it:

NCAA Football Teaser: Northern Illinois vs Toledo Rockets

Last night my three-part teaser hit with Kent State +17, Buffalo -14, and Kent State/Ohio Under 59, so let's do another teaser in tonight's showdown between the undefeated and ranked Northern Illinois Huskies and the 7-3 Toledo Rockets. First of all, great mascot Toledo. Secondly, with only one conference loss Toledo owns the tie-breaker over Ball State and Northern Illinois and will be highly motivated for this game at home on senior night. Thirdly, this line seems really low for a 17th ranked, nationally recognized 10-0 team against a 7-3 squad. Perhaps it's because the oddsmakers know that the underdog has covered 8 of the last 11 meetings between these two teams and wanted 87% of public bettors to back the Huskies. Now I don't know if I'm bold enough to go straight up +3, so I'm recommending a teaser with:

1. Toledo +10 (buy the extra point)
2. Under 81



Good luck out there. If you win something with these picks, let us know in the comments section or come on back and buy us a cup of coffee through out Coffee for Vinny and Marco button.

May the Spreads be With You All,

Vinny and Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment