Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

NBA Playoff Pick-a-thon Day 62: In Lieu of an Episode of TSZ

Here's a commercial:

San Francisco Giants Tickets: $100

Parking: $20.00

Two 12 Ounce Beers: $22.50

41,210 People Simultaneously Booing when they announced that the Miami Heat had won another championship: Priceless

The tickets were actually free and so was the parking pass, and it was the beer that they seemed think was priceless. As for the Miami Heat, when forty thousand plus other people shared my sentiments about them, it made me want to jump ship and become a fan. Well, not a fan, but at the very least a non-hater. I think that's the end of their run - with Dwayne Fading and Bosh scoring ZERO last night - so I'll conserve my energy and put it towards the next best team when they rear their talented heads. Congratulations to LeBron James and the Miami Heat for claiming back-to-back titles and avoiding the onslaught of media criticism that surely would have followed in the wake of a loss. Although all the games in the series weren't close, this was a hard fought, well deserved title. I hope someone dethrones them next year.



Time is not on my side today, so this quick summary brings TSZ's first annual NBA Playoff Pick-a-thon to a close. I wasn't always pretty but I always showed up. I think that was Sam Cassell's motto too back in the day. 



NBA POST-SEASON FINAL RECORD: 52-31 ATS 

NBA FINALS RECORD: 5-2 ATS

VINNY'S STANLEY CUP FINALS PICKS: 6-2



Okay, you talked me into it. My prediction for tonight's hockey game is as follows. I believe the last game was an anomaly in this defensive battle. I also think that the home team will win the next two games, setting up an epic Game 7 I will get to when it arrives. Tuuka Rask will return to form and Corey Crawford will figure things out just enough to get the Blackhawks the 2-1 home victory.

Take Chicago and the UNDER.

Thank you all so much for supporting TSZ for the past ten months, especially through the agonizingly long NBA playoffs. We appreciate your e-mails, your comments, and your readership. We will be posting a little less regularly in the near future - although I will finish up "The Hockey" as I like to call it. Our hope is to have the DOT COM built by the middle of July, so we can start decorating it with our brilliance and yours. We have readers who have volunteered to contribute NFL pre-season articles for the following divisions:

1. NFC North is covered.
2. AFC West is covered.

All the other divisions are available. Want to be a published writer and join the magic that is TSZ? Send us an e-mail at: vinnyandmarco@gmail.com. Tell us who your favorite team is and if you're interested in covering their division we'll send you an outline and a deadline. That's just two lines between you and Internet fame.

Be a part of rather than apart from.

Vinny and Marco
 

No comments:

Post a Comment