Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

NBA Playoff Pick-a-thon Day 34: I Can't Believe I Missed It...

I don't know where to start. I really don't. I am ashamed to say that a prior commitment rendered me incapable of watching the second half of what sounded like the second best game of this year's playoffs. Stupid, boring, court-mandated Gambler's Anonymous meetings... 

Kidding, of course - why on earth would I go to a 12-Step meeting when we have a support group right here...at TSZ...for gamblers all around the world...who never, ever want to quit. 

                           

I did, however, miss a lot of the game even though I kept making excuses during dinner to "make a phone call," "check a message," "pee (again and again)" so I could sneak off to check the score. By the end of the game I was confused because I tuned in and saw that Paul George had tied the game with free throws, but was unaware he had a third one coming. When I saw the final score was 103-102, I assumed Miami had outscored Indiana 2-1 in the second OT. Long story short, anything I have to say about this game would be hearsay, and everything I said about Indiana yesterday is heresy. 

In lieu of self-flagellation for not backing the Pacers last or recapping the turnover-riddled first half of action, I'm jumping straight to the good news. HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK! That's right, after taking a brief sabbatical to tend to some very important gaming emergencies, our NHL/MLB/UFC/All-Around Gambling Superhero is back and he's ready to put a (Handi)Cap in all your asses. Okay, that didn't sound nearly as cool as I'd planned, but Kyle has returned and he's about to drop some systematic wisdom on y'all. Better? Sort of.
             

Enjoy. And remember: If you're not winning, you're not reading The Spread Zone.

Vinny and Marco

KYLE'S CORNER:

Greetings, TSZ!

So sorry for my absence, but I was bloody busy the past few days...busy collecting resources and gathering information for the big UFC event coming up this weekend. Please remember to tune back in later this week to get my picks. You won't be sorry. 

I apologize to those who followed me into the gates of hell earlier this week - it was statistically the worst 3-4 days I've ever had. I have gotten some solace from the professional sports capping community I am a part of in everyone got slapped in the face  when logic was turned asunder for freak upsets left right and center. Everyone I talked to got crushed in that time frame.



Yesterday and today I went back to my system and it feels like things are back to normal (63% yesterday, 4-1 today as I'm writing this).  So, I'll reduce my plays until I regain confidence in what's happening around the league, knowing I'll eventually get back on track. As I said, however, I am conserving for Saturday's massive UFC event, and that's not a pun because of the fact there are lots of heavyweight fights.



I made a comment in yesterday's post pointing out last night's big picks for me, which were Pittsburgh Penguins to win and NYY to win over Baltimore. 

Now the dreaded update (over the 3-4 day period of Hell) - oh dear I pains me:


NHL: 0-4-1 


Total to Date: 35-25-1

MLB: 10-14 


Total to Date: 93-71-6

UFC: Perfect 2-0 - Belfort won by KO ( which was a good underdog bet), and Dos Anos won straight up by decision. So not only did I go 2-0 and but I did predicting outcomes which pays out heavy.


UPDATE ON WEDNESDAY'S ACTION

NYY lost by their best pitcher having a mental breakdown and giving up 6 runs right away then getting pulled. The Yankees almost got enough to tie it up but fell short. NYY was the correct choice it was just unfortunate scenario. Baltimore seems to have Kuroda's number this year. Pittsburgh, on the other hand, crushed Ottawa by figuring out Anderson, so consider this series wrapped up. 




In terms of series bets right now Chicago is currently +money so take them to win the series, Take Pittsburgh to win with 1-2 games in hand (series spread), Los Angeles Kings to win series, and I also took Miami Heat to win series spread (-1.5) so probably too late now but worth checking. You can also get Chicago +1.5 series spread at an amazingly fair price which is an amazing hedge.


ON TO THURSDAY

I don't know why there are only 5 MLB games. is there an American holiday I'm not aware of? Anyways on to picks!

NHL:


Chicago @ Detroit: Chicago down a game they will be out with a vengeance to even the series 2-2 heading back to Chi-city. Chicago to win!


San Jose @ Los Angeles: LA Kings were biding their time & energy last couple games in San Jose like Honey Badgers waiting to strike, LA Kings to win! SJ under 2.5goals.


Boston @ New York: NY down 3 games to Boston, Boston will win this series 99% confidence, but I think New York gives the home crowd at least one game to cheer for. NYR to win.

MLB: Since only 5 games don't need to format this in 2 parts.




Chicago Cubs @ Pitt Pirates: Argggg yee matey, Pirates to swash-buckle their way to the Cubs booty, Pirates to win.

CHC:   Jackson (1-6, 5.76 ERA)
PIT:   Gomez (2-0, 2.78 ERA)
^ Stats because I typed that like a complete tool.

OVERS


BAL:   Gausman (0-0, 0.00 ERA) @ TOR:   Morrow (1-3, 5.16 ERA) O9.5
MIN:   
Diamond (3-4, 4.99 ERA) @ DET:   Porcello (2-2, 5.92 ERA) O9.5

LAA:   Blanton (0-7, 6.62 ERA)@ KC:   Santana (3-3, 2.77 ERA) O9

Mediocre Pitchers and literally all of these teams are swinging hot bats right now, Hotter than Rhi Rhi's new denim thong that has taken over Huffpost. 



Good luck!

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment