Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sweet 16: Louisville vs Kentucky Pick ATS and Those Other Games

Let's make this quick, I'm busy drowning my sorrows in a cup of fresh Bruin pee. Damn Gators. I will forever loathe Florida and will do everything from this point on to demonstrate my hatred. In fact, as of today I am no longer going to watch CSI Miami, nor will you catch me drinking Gatorade, and never, ever again will I listen to a Donavan song while crocheting yamakas for Passover. Oh, and I already hated this guy.



Seriously, if my daughter turns to me in 14 years and says, "Dad, I'm going to the U of F," I'll invert those letters, say them right back in her face, and dump her college fund into my next football pool. Or dump her college fund on the Flordia Gators provided Billy Donovan is still coaching and is still using his template of giant, Cross Fit centers, lights out three point shooters, and the stingiest defense you'll find east of San Diego. F U U of F. I hope Dayton Crushes you...against the spread.



Thanks to not leaving out my heart pick, but including the Over in the UCLA/Florida game, our totals for the day were: 3-2 bringing our March Madness run down a bit but still at a respectable 11-6 ATS and O/Us. The breakdown is as follows:

10-5 ATS
1-1 O/U

Day two of the Sweet Sixteen has some intriguing match-ups, and once again Marco and I will endeavor to keep my heart out of it by taking a total along with a few ATS picks. If you want to hear our ATS picks on the other games, buy us a cup of coffee with the Coffee for Vinny and Marco button to the right and send us an e-mail at: vinnyandmarco@gmail.com. Or, and this is probably just as good an idea, you could buy yourself a cup of coffee, and when you get the change flip a coin and go with the team it tells you to take. We look out for our readers at The Spread Zone. Let's get to work.

Tennessee Volunteers (+3) over Michigan Wolverines: Here's the deal with this game. Marco hates Michigan and my late mother was born and raised in Knoxville Tennessee. That system is both untested and as a result undefeated, so we're rolling with the Vols. Actually, Tennessee is just plain hot, athletic, and a scary match-up for anyone. Do we think they get the straight up money line win? We do, but we'll take the points.



Kentucky Wildcats (+4) over Louisville Cardinals: The once dominant Louisville Cardinal squad has looked a bit vulnerable thus far in the tournament while the young upstarts from Kentucky are hitting their stride at the right time. I'm not a Calipari fan and I will be rooting for Louisville, but now I'll be rooting for them to win by 3. Chances are, this is the game of the day with Louisville's always impressive 40 minutes of hell defense against a Kentucky squad chalk full of kids who are probably going to be playing on Sundays next year. And Mondays, and whatever other days the NBA schedules games. Once again, take the points in what will undoubtedly be a buzzer-beater.



Virginia Caveliers (+2.5) over Michigan State Spartans: Yes, we know - another underdog, but this Virginia squad is for real. They can play with anyone defensively, and unlike the SD State Aztecs who lost this evening to Arizona, their offense is less anemic. Look for the Cavs to come out and stifle the Spartans, slow the game down, and wear them down over the course of the game.



UConn Huskies/Iowa State Cyclones UNDER 147: The Huskies play Under games and we believe in a game that might start out with some nerves, those first ten minutes will slow the scoring pace enough to keep this game under. We also believe it will be close enough at the end that the score won't get run up by additional free throws. Consider the Under.



I don't know if these guys still play for these teams, but imagine something very similar, and as always - best of luck today.

Vinny and Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment