Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

TSZ's First 100% Original Cover Song

Welcome to The Spread Zone. As we put together our new site for the 2013-14 NFL season, we will be updating the blog from time to time with free handicapping advice, breaking news, and completely made up shit. For those of you who stumbled upon us during our time of reconstruction, please bookmark this page and check in from time to time. Or, better yet, e-mail us at: vinnyandmarco@gmail.com to get on our VIP (Very ImPersonal) mailing list. Seriously, football season is great time to be an unofficial member of The Spread Zone. 

Remember - If You're Not Winning, You're Not Reading The Spread Zone
Remember - The Spread Zone - It's Where Winning Happens
Remember - TSZ - Not just another TLA (Three Letter Acronym)
Remember - The Spread Zone - Insert Generic catch phrase here

I think I feel a contest coming. For now, here's our resume, or what we like to call:

TSZ'S Stat Sheet Heading into the DOT COM era

NBA 2013 PLAYOFF RECORD: 52-31 ATS 

NFL 2012-13 SEASON/PLAYOFFS144-123 ATS

VINNY'S STANLEY CUP FINALS PICKS: 8-4

KYLE'S NHL PICKS TO DATE: 51-39-1

KYLE'S MLB PICKS TO DATE: 166-136-7

KYLE'S UFC PICKS: 19-9 (Including 5-1 last night)

KYLE'S TENNIS PICKS: 2-0

VINNY'S YOUTUBE PREMIER: 300 views, 5 thumbs down, 1 profanity, and counting




On occasion and often as a by-product of tirelessly and shamelessly self-promoting The Spread Zone, I have been known to spend a few moments/hours/days drifting aimlessly about the Inter-Web, guided only by illusory inspiration, fleeting entertainment, and those damn non-sequitor albeit colorful links, Tweets, Instagrams, and videos that inevitably lure me to their shores like Odysseus by the Sirens. As you know, there is an ginormous pile of crap out there AND a sadly disproportionately small number of diamonds in the rough. When I find the gems, especially the ones that are timely and topical, I often think (with a hint of envy and admiration), "Who the hell has time to do this shit?"

As it turns out - I do.

When last we spoke Rocket Man was merely a twinkle in my eye, a fleeting thought caught in my caffeinated morning web that ultimately evolved into few words thrown together as a lead-in to Kyle's Ultimate Fighting Championship Spectacular. Twenty-four hours later - thanks to my handy Flip Video Camera, a talented YouTube pianist, and a loving and supportive wife who was no doubt in great part motivated by the fear that I might actually try to sing my own cover song - and we have what I believe is a diamond in the rough.

Granted, neither the little thumbs down counter on the bottom right nor the comment poetically summarizing my song as "gay as fuck" doesn't support my illusion, but we're probably dealing with angry Houston Rockets fans who just saw their season ticket prices leap over tall buildings in a single bound. If you think you're mad now, wait until Omer Asik takes out his resentment out on Dwight's shoulder at the first team meeting.



To quell this sense of throwing pearls to swine, dear readers, I need your help. If you are compelled by the virtues of loyalty and honor, if you have secret creative dreams within you that were one day crushed by an anonymous loser on the Internet, or if you like thumbs that point up better than the ones that point down, I urge you to click on the video above, take a stand against anonymous Houston Rockets and homophobic Elton John haters, and let the world know that - like Arthur Fonzarelli -


"Ayyyyyy."

That's all I'm asking.

Vinny and Marco

No comments:

Post a Comment